News for 8.10 and News From Me

Here are some news I'd like to share with you today.

http://ubuntunextnews.blogspot.com/
gone. It was gay. I'll post news here.

With the 23th rapidly approaching, the all of Ubuntu repos are now officially frozen. Messages can be found here and here (follow-up of the first). All packages must go through special acceptance test by the release team and must be critical bug-fixes. Well that ends it for OpenOffice.org 3.0. :)

I don't think I will have the time to create and maintain this same type of a blog for 9.04 Jaunty. I am sorry. That was the summer, when everyone had nothing to do. Not anymore.

To satisfy my Linux interests, I have created yet another blog. Here is the link: http://bizarrelinux.blogspot.com/ You can tell by the name. It's not a feature compilation blog. It's, well, just another Linux blog. Bigger readable fonts, and more interesting stories I'm about to add.

I was asked why I haven't updated my blog with "Last successful boot" (which by the way is disabled in the latest Ubuntu because it was causing problems and didn't work at all) or about Catalyst, and most importantly, X.Org 7.4. I do not include these because they are too complicated for the average end user to understand. You might say, well they are important and significantly enhance the user experience. But I focus on what changes in the UI and the look and feel of 8.10 Intrepid Ibex.

Yes.

3 comments:

  1. Too bad that you won't do this for JJ. I enjoy(ed) reading this blog.

    I am a littloe peeved at the loss of OO.o 3 and GIMP 2.6. That's lame; those are two fantastic releases.

    But I'll still use 8.10 anyhow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIMP 2.6 got in. Aren't you happy? So did the latest F-Spot with good features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gimp 2.6? Awesome. That was a great release.

    ReplyDelete